Friday, September 13, 2013

Twerkin' Ain't Workin'

Normally I don't write blogs about celebrities, but this one I feel I have to do. Everywhere you look on television on the entertainment shows they are catching Miley Cyrus Twerkin' Fever. Her shaking her butt in the air to get attention. Now I am all for entertaining people and giving them a show, but for what she did at the VMAs I believe it was just down right uncalled for. Understanding that Ms. Cyrus may be trying to shed her Disney Girl, Hannah Montana persona, but going about it this way by taking on an image where you are just down right ratchet just isn't cutting it. I know we all need to grow, and we desire change in our lives, but I believe Miley could have found many more ways in going about creating a new image for herself.

Ok, she is tired of the Ms Goody Two Shoes Image, how about I am an adult and capable of making mature decisions look. But In Her Words...she wanted to "Make History" that night. I can tell you one thing, she made history alright. History of being crowned the most ratchet at the VMAs this year. History of being seen as immature and unbalanced. And the thing that is most shocking to me is that she has legitimate talent. It is not like she can't sing and has to rely on antics to entertain the crowd, but she really can sing. So why, and for what good reason is she doing this and acting out this ways is beyond mind boggling.

Maybe it is because she does has low or no self esteem and guidance and needs someone to get her on the right track. I hear of her speaking of Molly (I know Molly is a drug), and maybe Molly is a contributing factor to her moral demise. Whatever the problem, Miley going through what she is going through really needs help.

What's happening  to these stars that they have to resort to degrading themselves to get attention. And this just doesn't go for the Female Stars but for the Males as well. Don't want you to think I am discriminating, but since Miley Cyrus is the flavor of the month and just so happens to be Female...Hey, why not narrow it down. But we have seen the same behavior exhibited in the past from a lot of these female stars, such as Britney Spears, Tara Reed, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie, Rihanna, and so on. An each time in every single scenario it is a case of Good Girl Gone Bad.


The only piece of advice I can offer Ms Cyrus is that if she is trying to "Find Herself", Degrading her public image is not the proper way to go about it. Seek Help, Spiritually and Psychologically and deal with the issues that are sending you down this wrong path and fix them before it really becomes to late. If you would like, me being a Minister can and will pray for you and give you some spiritual counseling. But in order for you to receive change in any form or direction in your life from any one you need to make the first move, take the first steps and then you will be on the road to redemption and not destruction.

Long gone are the days of the Miley Cyrus that we all used to see on television and look at and say this is a person I would like for my daughter, niece, step daughter, who ever to look up to. But this Miley now, I am sure all people today want to do is look down to her in pity. Miley, I know you are in there somewhere, and if you can here me.....Twerkin' Ain't Workin'








No comments:

Post a Comment